Do you still have questions about a claim? Hopefully we can answer them here!
If you do still have questions about personal injury claims, road traffic accident claims, or any other type of injury claim, please do contact us on the number above and one of our experienced advisers will be happy to answer them! If you would prefer to see it in writing, here are some of the answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on injury claims and compensations.
- What is No Win No Fee?
- No win No fee are the words used in the legal industry to describe a Conditional Fee Agreement. This is the basis of No Win No Fee, it actually means You Pay Nothing if you do not Win your claim. The agreement also explains that if we do Win your claim your Opponent’s Insurers pay our costs!
- Will I have to pay anything for pursuing my claim?
- NO. If you win your claim your Opponent’s Insurers pay our costs as explained above. If we Lose your claim (which we hope will not be the case in any event) we take out insurance policies to cover both our expenses and also your Opponent’s Costs.
- Will I get all of my Compensation?
- No however you will receive the maximum compensation possible. A maximum of 25% will be deducted from your compensation to assist towards our costs of dealing with your claim. However your claim is handled on a No Win No Fee basis which is totally risk free to you.
- How long does it take to make a claim?
- This really depends on a number of factors. The first is how the type of accident you have had. Road Traffic Accidents generally take on average 6 months and Work Accidents approximately 6- 12 months depending on the complexities of the claim. Each claim varies but we can assure you we will work very hard on achieving the best conclusion to your claim possible as quickly as possible without compromising your position.
- If I have had an accident at work will I lose my job if I claim?
- It is against the Law to sack or terminate the employment of any employee who has been involved in an accident who wishes to make a claim for compensation as a result of the same. Rest assured if your employers terminated your employment for this reason you would be able to claim much more in compensation for unfair dismissal amongst other things. In any event our solicitors always deal with these issues sensitively to your need to continue to work for the company both during and long after your claim!
- Will I be suing my company?
- In name yes however your compensation comes from their insurance company. It is a requirement of law that anyone who employs people to work for them MUST have Employers Liability Insurance to cover them for exactly this.
- My husband was driving the car at the time of the car accident and he was at fault, if I claim will his insurance premium go up?
- No it should not make any difference to his renewal or current insurance policy. Premiums will only go up due to the negligent driving which caused the accident to happen. Use this as an example – If he drove into the back of a Double Decker bus and 100 people were injured it would be impossible for him to get insurance next year if he were penalised 100 times – So don’t worry this is not the case, you making a claim will not affect his premium.